Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Blogs of Note

Things that frustrate me:

1. Blogs without my beloved "Next Blog" button. If they don't have it then I have to go back to the previous page and try it again. Letting the chaotic winds of blogger chase my fate.

2. Foriegn vs English. Why is it that almost half of the foreign blogs out there have English titles? There won't be a single other word on that page in English. What the hell? Maybe it's just me, but if I can't read your posts, I'm guessing those who can can't read your title.

3. Pop-ups. Why the fuck would someone put a pop-up on a blog. I saw two just today. One saying "type yes or no if you think im cool." Go fuck yourself jackass! The second told me I had to "click here" to upgrade IE. When I closed it, another came up with "You really need to upgrade. It is strongly recommended you click here." All the more fucking reason for me not to jackass!

4. Hearts. Why is it so many blogs feel the need to make you feel more loved by changing your mouse to a trail of hearts. This isn't an episode of "Rainbow Monkies," it's the fucking internet. We got rape and murder at the touch of our fingertips. Why the hell would we want cute fucking little hearts.


Anyways... That's all I have to bitch about for the moment. Here is the links of some noteworthy blogs:

Viewfinder BLUES - Kind of a neat take on a photography site. These are the leftover pics that didn't get used. Along with a little story/rant about each one.

I work for a gangster - The life and times of the Godfather's right hand man.

Figpaste - Some amusing stories of life.

Sinders rants - Definately some of the best rants I've read in a long time. Worth checking out about twice a year though as unfortunately he only updates about once every three monthes.

above the blue pool - Another decent collection of day to day living stories. I love the picture of the rocking chair in the street.

Anti-Prop - Definately a gamer. Anyone who has dreams about Sonic The Hedgehog or Dragon Warriors 1 is definately a gamer.

La Chat Noir - I almost skipped this one becuase it had a french title, but the god of alrightness smaked me upside the head and made me keep reading. Some funny stories. I liked the "pink" one the best.

rap, mp3, torrent, p2p, streetball, nba - This one is definately a forgein blog. I can't read most of it. But it does have free mp3 downloads for all of you who are to lazy to use Win MX like the rest of us to download all of your "for educational use only" movies, music, and whatnot.

~sporked.net~ - The musings of a very very very bored individual.

Blog by Knight - A pretty good rant site. Most are written by Shalovee. But it looks like there are occassional guest writers as well. I want her calander archive. That is going to be my goal for the rest of the day. Find a calander archive like hers.


Well that's it for this time. Thanks to those of you who submitted sites. Makes my job a lot easier. Join us again in when I list another couple of blogs that I think are worth reading.